Tinder is now offering a high-end membership, but joining is really going to cost you. A subscription to the dating app’s new “VIP” service, Tinder Select, will set you back $499 a month, but it comes with special perks regular users can’t access.
Membership in the high-end service offers:
- “Select mode” where you can see and be seen by Tinder’s “most sought after profiles.”
- A “direct message” feature that allows members to message someone without matching first.
- A “skip the line” feature, which lets people see your profile after you like them, even if they don’t have a Gold or Platinum subscription.
According to Tinder’s website, “Membership spots are limited to less than 1% of users to ensure you receive the most exclusive experience possible.” To get in, you have to apply and meet Tinder’s “5-point Select Screen,” which means your profile must:
- Have 5 interests
- Have 4 pictures
- Have a bio with at least 15 characters
- Indicate a relationship goal
- Include a verified photo
Source: Tech Crunch