You think you know someone, but sometimes you’re still learning things about them even after you tie the knot. A post asks the married people of Reddit, “What is a personality trait that your partner started showing (that they never showed when you two were still dating) the moment you two started sleeping under the same roof?”
Most of the discoveries are harmless, but a few are less than desirable, so it makes sense someone would keep them under wraps for as long as possible.
- "I knew he was messy, since I had been in his house before we were married — but once we were under the same roof, it got out of control with clutter everywhere. He also started compulsively buying unnecessary stuff. After 14 years, he is now my ex."
- "His childlike side...in the best way. Once I moved in, he opened up a lot more, and I got to hear his real laugh and see how excited he got about his passions when he wasn't trying to 'play it cool.’”
- "The most ATROCIOUS farts to ever exist — I mean LOUD, LONG, WET, and VIOLENTLY disgusting. I cannot describe how bad they are. And it is ALL. THE. TIME."
- "Her addiction to soap operas."
- "How f-ing loud he is when he coughs, or when he gets ready for work in the morning."
- "She sometimes fights things in her sleep. She just wriggles around throwing elbows and hands around the bed. It’s kinda cute, too, because she’s absolutely not a fighter when awake — she’s far too dainty in the arms to be all that effective."
- "How did I marry a man who makes the bed every day?? You guys, he makes the bed while I'm STILL IN IT!"
- "She vents a lot when she comes home. I’m still learning how to help; it’s a work in progress."
- "He's an aggressive cuddler. He even cuddles me from behind the whole time and chats while I cook sometimes. I'm a big introvert, and it weirded me out in the beginning, but I'm used to it now — or, I forced myself to get used to it, but I still hate it, lol."
- "She tries to snore the house right off the foundation and farts like a water buffalo every night while she gets her beauty sleep."
- "He eats my snacks constantly. He has his own snacks, and he'd rather eat mine. He also makes fun of the TV shows I watch, like ‘The Walking Dead.’ I can live with that, though, he's a good guy."
- "20+ pillows on the bed and the insane amount of fall decorations."
- "I had no idea that he shaved his ears once a week."
- "She did my laundry when we were dating. Now that we are married, each load of my laundry costs a foot massage. I am so in debt that I will never recover from this."