Either you or someone you know has been there. Things are going great in their relationship, they’re happy…and then boom. Someone cheats. If you’ve ever wondered why someone would do that to the person they love, a Reddit thread recently asked “People who have cheated before, why did you do it?”, and the answers are all over the board.
- "Insecurity. I was always on the lookout for someone who would make me feel more desirable than the last. Once I grew up emotionally, I realized what a POS I was and the hurt it caused. It's hard to live with, TBH."
- "Unbridled ego, unsatisfying regular sex life, and a girl who threw herself at me. I was an idiot, I acted like an a**hole, and I will regret it for the rest of my life."
- "He cheated first, and I was young, petty, and thought revenge would make me feel better."
- "100% pure lust. That's it. I'm not proud of it."
- "When you grow up being neglected and told you're not good enough, validation is like a drug, and intimacy is the ultimate validation. I needed sooooo much therapy to undo this."
- "I felt unloved, unattractive, and unwanted. Then I met someone who made me feel all of those things."
- "Honestly…cheating is intoxicating. I'll never do it again…but it's a thrill unlike any other."
Of course, some kinds of cheating are worse than others:
- "My wife wasn't around. The house was empty. I couldn't wait for her to get home, so I watched an episode without her knowing. Honey, if you're reading this…. I'm so sorry."