Red flags are sneaky. Everyone knows they exist, but sometimes they’re not obvious. Buzzfeed has put together a list of various red flags that mean it’s time to tell him bye, including a few you might not have thought of. Here are some of the top red flags women say they learned, and sometimes they learned them the hard way.
- "If he has a pool table and a craftsman tool chest in his living room. And no couch — just the back seat of his old Tahoe. (Looking at you, Cody!)"
- "When they follow hundreds of random women on Instagram."
- "If he keeps his money in the mattress and doesn't answer his phone or let anyone else answer it."
- "Not liking animals is a red flag for being a human, not just dating."
- "If he doesn’t seem to have a life. If someone isn’t in school, doesn’t have a job, doesn’t have at least a couple friends they see frequently, or doesn’t have any real hobbies, then you’re going to become their entire life.”
- "When they only talk about themselves and don't ask you questions to understand who you are or what you're like. When I ignored this red flag, 100% of the time my best interest was not at the top of his list."
- "I literally had a man tell me that he understood women better than women did...and then he didn't understand why I didn't want to talk to him anymore after that."
- "Men who call women 'females.'"
- "If they expect you to accommodate THEIR hobbies, but they don't attempt to accommodate yours. For example, they refuse to watch your favorite show with you, even though they get mad when you don't show up for their hobbies."