Pumpkin spice season is in full swing and while hearing those words may already have some folks cringing, they’re going to have to get used to it since it’s not even October yet. Apologies to those who are over the whole pumpkin spice craze, but it seems here to stay, and no one knows that better than Google.
Google Trends has just come out with new data that reveals which pumpkin spice products Americans are searching for most this year. They’ve tracked searches for the term “pumpkin spice” to find the “most uniquely” searched pumpkin spice foods in every state. So you won’t see “pumpkin spice latte” on the list, since everyone’s searching for that all the time.
Highlights from the report include:
- Here in Arkansas, pumpkin spice morsels are the most searched food.
- Pumpkin Spice Cheerios are still popular in 2023, and they’re the top search in Alaska, Maine, Massachusetts, Missouri and Utah.
- Pumpkin Spice Donut is the most searched food in Colorado, Kansas, New Mexico, South Carolina, Tennessee and West Virginia.
- Pumpkin Spice Cake is the top search in Texas, while Pumpkin Spice Dump Cake is number one in Hawaii and Wisconsin.
- In Kentucky, Nevada, Oregon and Rhode Island, they’re searching for Pumpkin Spice Oreos the most.
- Pumpkin Spice Goldfish crackers are also popular, topping the searches in Connecticut, Maryland, New Jersey and Ohio.
- There are also some surprising searches, including Arizona’s number one: Pumpkin Spice SPAM, Georgia’s Pumpkin Spice Empanadas, South Dakota’s Pumpkin Spice Tamales and Minnesota’s Pumpkin Spice Tacos.
- And then there’s Delaware. The most searched pumpkin spice food in this state is Pumpkin Spice Deer Jerky. But it seems it’s not actually a snack people want to make, it’s just a popular meme poking fun at pumpkin spice obsessives. The meme typically says something like, “It’s not pumpkin spice season, it’s deer jerky season.” And there’s even Etsy merch to go with it.
Source: The Takeout