We’ve all found ourselves stuck in a never-ending conversation. It happens in-person, on the phone, in the office, at a party – literally anywhere. Just when you think the convo is coming to an end and “goodbye” is on the tip of your tongue… the other person says something else.
You don’t want to be rude, but you also want to be done with the conversation. How can you politely end the convo? Say one of these things.
- “It’s been great catching up with you, but I really must get going now if I’m gonna catch my bus.”
- “It’s been great chatting with you, we should do this again soon.”
- “Wow, would you look at the time? I’ve had such a great time talking to you but I need to get going, it’s time to make dinner!”
- “I’m so glad I bumped into you. Wish I could stay and chat but I need to walk my dog or who knows what I’ll find when I get home”.
- “Oh no, my battery is running low.”
- “I’m so sorry I need to go take the chicken out of the oven before it burns.”
- “Hey, I have to go, someone’s at the door”.
- “I’ve got another call waiting. Thanks so much for your time, I’ll talk to you again soon.”
- “Please excuse me, I need to use the restroom. It was lovely to meet you!”
- “It was great seeing you. I won’t hold you up any longer.”
For even more, click HERE!