Some things in life get easier the more we do them, but not breakups. No matter how many times it happens to you, it’s still rough, but some advice from those who’ve been there may help. A new poll of 2-thousand U.S. adults reveals the best advice to get over a breakup.
According to the survey:
- The average respondent has experienced three breakups in their adult life.
- Just over three-quarters (77%) believe it’s best to think of a breakup as a fresh start, instead of dwelling on the past, while 72% say it should encourage you to try new things.
- While it can be heartbreaking, two-thirds say a breakup can lead to something better in the long-run.
- A quarter (26%) consider the fall to be a good time for a fresh start.
The top 10 ways to move on after a breakup:
- Spend more time with friends and family
- Focus on yourself – not how your ex is feeling
- Get rid of their belongings in your home
- Block or unfriend them on social media
- Avoid rebound relationships at all costs
- Work on rediscovering your identity
- Make as many plans as you can so you’re not alone with your thoughts for too long
- Book a vacation
- Listen to empowering, upbeat music
- Get lots of sleep
Source: Good News Network