Are you bored at your job? A lot of Americans are, as a new survey of 2-thousand adults finds that 46% are bored at work at least three days of the week. That’s something 90% of those who have a college degree and feel bored at work thought they’d experience back when they were in school.
The poll, conducted by OnePoll for CSU Global, reveals:
- For 71% of those who’ve been in the same role for more than two years, their job feels “too routine” because they’ve been doing the same thing for so long.
- While 71% say they’re happy with their current position, one in eight admits they feel unsatisfied at work.
- Nearly half (46%) start feeling dissatisfied after two years of working in the same position.
- Three in four (74%) respondents think an important key to happiness is having a job you actually like.
- Professional goals people set to keep themselves motivated include making more money (54%), trying to move up in the company (53%) and helping to create something new (50%).
- The top things respondents like about their current job include appreciating their work location (64%), their company’s overall mission (50%) and their company culture (49%).
- Only 35% say they actually enjoy the work itself.
- Just over half (54%) see themselves working at their current company within the next year, but 17% don’t think they’ll still be there in five years.
Source: SWNS Digital