Around this time each year, lots of us fall into an end-of-summer slump. The end of August is basically one big Sunday filled with Sunday Scaries! Whether it be because that motivation we had at the start of summer to prioritize our health is gone, we’ve had one too many beach weekend vacations, or we’re just super sad the warm weather’s coming to an end, feeling down during this time is common. But we need to snap out of it! Here’s how to beat the end-of-summer slump and feel motivated again.
- Prioritize your mental health over physical health. We’re more focused on our physical health in warmer months, so focus on your mental health as the air gets chillier.
- Set new goals. You probably set them on January 1st, but the beginning of fall can even be a better time. You’re more than halfway through the year and you can really assess what you want to accomplish before year-end.
- Make future plans that will bring you joy. Your social calendar was probably slammed in the summer and quieter in the fall. Change that! Make plans, like booking a vacay or nabbing concert tickets, that give you something to look forward to.
- Catch up on your Zzzs. Let’s be real – how much sleep did you really get this summer? The fall is the perfect time to get your sleep schedule back on track and get that beauty rest.
- Get moving (but don’t force it). Any type of moving, including going for a nice long walk and enjoying the last bits of strong sunshine on your skin.
- Use your PTO. Taking a break from your everyday life is the best way to get out of a slump. And remember, PTO and vacations aren’t just for summer!
- Refresh your overall vibe. Do you feel like a new person after getting your hair done? Or your nails done? Do it! Even the smallest refresh can pull you out of a slump.
Source: The Everygirl