Have you ever ended things with someone you were dating over something that may have seemed petty, but you just couldn’t take it anymore? A Reddit thread is all about this topic. It asks, “What’s the weirdest reason you’ve broken up with someone?” More than 6-thousand people are sharing the strange or baffling things their partner did that led to them getting dumped.
These are some of the cringiest:
- "She wouldn’t stop talking to me in an annoying baby voice. If I said, 'Hey, I’m gonna go hang out with so-and-so,' she would say, 'Gurlfwend go, too?' And if I said no, she would put on a sad voice and say, 'Gurlfwend go, toooo...' Like wtf? She was 23 years old."
- "When I was in college in the early 2010-ish era, I went out for Halloween and met a guy dressed as a pirate that looked like Johnny Depp in Pirates of the Caribbean — it was the era of those movies. We started dating, and I realized he looked like a pirate 24/7/365, and I couldn’t handle it."
- "She constantly said 'Chip-ol-tay' instead of Chipotle. True sad story."
- "He wouldn't stop singing ‘Hamilton.’"
- "She would speak French to herself in the mirror at home, and then she would do it at restaurants thinking it made her sound sexy, I guess? I don’t know. Here’s the thing — she knew not one word of French. She had no desire to learn a single word of French. She just spoke gibberish that sounded VAGUELY like French."
- "He collected used candy wrappers. When he first told me, I thought he was joking. We dated for two months before I realized he was incredibly serious."
- "When I worked at the ER, I dated a coworker. After we cleaned up a patient's room, he randomly just made out with me — with the deceased still in the room. It was a scene out of ‘Grey's Anatomy.’ I broke up with him shortly after. Too strange."
- "She threw garbage out my truck window while driving down the road. First date and last date."
- "He would never put food in the fridge. Rather, he'd just leave his leftovers on his bedroom floor overnight and then wake up the next day, pick up the leftovers off the floor, and eat them for breakfast."
- "Her dog was teaching my dog to howl at sirens."
- "He had the same name as my dad and I couldn’t get over it."
- "He had posture and hands like Mr. Burns from ‘The Simpsons.’"