When you wake up in the morning, what’s the first thing you think about? According to new research, for a third of parents it’s “I have so much to do today!” A survey of 15-hundred parents and 500 teachers - 97% of whom have school-aged kids themselves - finds that during back-to-school season, the emotion they all feel more than any other is overwhelmed. The survey was conducted by OnePoll on behalf of Dave’s Killer Bread® Organic Snack Bars.
Parents admit that feeling so overwhelmed has led them to make these mistakes when getting their kids ready for school:
- Forgetting to pack a lunch - 51%
- Oversleeping - 50%
- Forgetting to eat breakfast - 49%
- Dressing them in mismatched outfits - 39%
- Packing the wrong meal - 36%
- Giving them the wrong backpack - 32%
- Forgetting to pack specific school materials for the day - 23%
- Forgetting to pack extracurricular equipment/supplies for the day - 14%
Once they’re home from work in the evening:
- Parents’ top evening chore is tidying up around the house (55%), then spending time with family (52%), eating dinner (51%) and finishing up work they didn’t get to (49%).
- Teachers tend to make spending time with family a priority (61%), followed by tidying up (55%) and eating dinner (54%).
- At the end of the day, parents end up with an average of one hour and 16 minutes to themselves.
- And teachers typically get an average of one hour and 12 minutes of “me time” every day.
Source: SWNS Digital