As we’ve been singing all summer, “It’s me, hi, I’m the problem, it’s me.” We can thank Taylor Swift for this self-awareness because let’s be honest, sometimes we really are the ones getting in our own way. We’re the reason we’re not getting what (or who!) we want in life. We can be our own worst enemies, without even realizing it.
So what can we do? The first step is to know whether or not you are really the problem. How do you know if you’re the one getting in your own way? Look out for these six signs, and if you see them, yes, you probably are the problem.
- You assume you’re going to fail before even making an attempt.
- You aren’t speaking up about what you want.
- You keep waiting for the right moment to arrive.
- You’re paying too much attention to timelines.
- You’re letting other people make your decisions for you.
- You choose the easier path every time.
Source: Collective World