Fights happen. Apologizing isn’t easy. But it can make a big difference in your life and for you. Even if you don’t think you were in the wrong, apologizing first may be the route you want to take.
You may want to wait for them to make the first move and say, “I’m sorry.” But there are some reasons why you may want to consider apologizing first. It can really have a big impact on you, and help you feel a ton better. Not enough for a reason to apologize first after a fight. Here are some more.
- You want to get back to the normal you (or you both).
- You’re not afraid to own up to your mistakes.
- You want to clear your name.
- It helps them apologize.
- The more you hold onto things, the angrier you become.
- An apology never hurts.
- You become a better person by doing it.
- It’s good for your relationship.