When was the last time you and your partner did something silly together? If you can’t remember, it’s time to fix that with an adult playdate. Kids have playdates with their besties all the time, but they shouldn’t be the only ones having fun because playing is important for both our physical and mental health. Not only is it a good time, research shows people who laugh every day have a lower rate of heart disease.
Ready to strengthen your relationship and improve your well-being? Try these grown-up playdate ideas with your sweetie:
- Hiking - It ignites your sense of wonder and problem-solving abilities, plus it’s good exercise, and there are tons of apps out there to help you plan your hiking route and find the right trail for your interests and abilities.
- Dog day at the park - Spending time with your pet can help lower levels of the stress hormone cortisol and your dog would love some quality time at the park with you and your partner.
- Laser tag - Battle it out with a few rounds of this game, which is perfect for a hot summer day since you’ll be playing inside with cool AC.
- Ziplining - Find a course and enjoy racing your partner through the treetops while you get some fresh air and healthy movement.
- Kayaking or canoeing - The water is an ideal place to be when temperatures are soaring, whether your playdate includes peaceful boating, fishing or a class on navigating the rapids with an experienced guide.
- Bowling - Some bowling alleys have deals on certain days of the week so you can play a few games, have some snacks and engage in a little friendly competition on the cheap.
- Dancing - Whether you take lessons to learn to tango or hit the dance floor at a club, or even in your living room, a dance party is always a good time.
- Golf - Hit some balls at the range, play a full nine holes or practice putting at a mini golf course, as long as you’re having fun with your partner, it’s a perfect grown-up playdate.
Source: Cafe Mom