Need some inspo for your Fourth of July menu? Google search data reveals what Americans will be cooking up for their holiday gatherings. These are the foods and drinks people across the country will be making this Independence Day.
- Most searched types of BBQ sauce - It looks like the majority of Americans will be taking the DIY route, as the top search in most states is for “homemade BBQ sauce.” A handful of southern states are Googling “Carolina BBQ sauce” most and a few states are searching “Korean BBQ sauce” most.
- Most searched red, white and blue foods - Cheesecake, salad and a trifle are the top three most-searched colorful foods, followed by cookies, Rice Krispie treats, charcuterie boards and fruit salad.
- Most searched sides - The top Google searches for side dishes are pasta salad, baked beans, coleslaw, macaroni salad and watermelon salad.
- Most searched BBQ foods - People across the U.S. will be firing up the grill and the top three most Googled barbecue foods are BBQ chicken, BBQ ribs and BBQ pork chops. Searches for BBQ meatballs, BBQ shrimp, BBQ pulled pork and BBQ brisket follow closely behind.
- Most searched cocktails - Red, white and blue beverages are fun and festive, so it’s not surprising that the top Fourth of July cocktail search is for bomb pop jello shots, which have layers of all three colors. The next most popular boozy drink searches are a bramble, a blue Hawaiian and sangria.
- Most searched dips - You’ll need some appetizers to keep the crowd hungry until dinner is ready, and dips are a popular choice for many holiday menus. The top three Google searches include some American classics: S’mores dip, corn dip and Buffalo chicken dip, with fruit dip and Bruschetta in fourth and fifth.
Source: Real Simple