Attention, wine lovers of all stripes, from two-buck bottle enthusiasts to fine burgundy connoisseurs: have we got some stellar wine hacks for you! Whether you're desperate to quickly chill a bottle or faced with the dilemma of a missing corkscrew, we've got a hack for you.
- Chill a bottle in a pinch: Next time you're caught with a lukewarm bottle and guests are at your door, just wrap a bottle with wet paper towels, pop it in the freezer for about 10 minutes and voila, perfectly chilled vino!
- Don’t have a corkscrew handy?: If you can’t find a tool to get your wine bottle open, fear not. A long screw, screwdriver, and hammer will do the trick. Drive the screw into the cork, hook the hammer around the screw, and then it's all a matter of applying a little leverage.
- Stop the waste: Ever had to pour out perfectly good wine because you didn't drink it quickly enough? Try freezing it in ice cube trays, ready for future use in a quick pan sauce or a refreshing wine cocktail.
- Keeping your summer rosé cold to the last sip: No one here’s going to judge you for putting ice in your rosé, but we all hate it when that ice inevitably waters-down your last few sips. So try adding a few frozen grapes. No more watered-down wine in the scorching heat!
- Spilled some red wine on your white shirt?: Salt and boiling water are your best friends in this scenario. Press the salt into the stain, let it sit for a few hours, then pour boiling water over it.
- Quick fix for flat wine: You know how they say you should let your wine breathe? Well, when you don’t have time for that, you can try aerating it with a quick blend. Yes, a regular old kitchen blender can instantly enhance the flavor or your wine.
- Dealing with broken cork bits in your glass: Using a coffee filter and a rubber band, you can catch all the offending particles. Pour your wine through the filter over your glass secured with the rubber band and you won’t have to pick the cork pieces out of your teeth.
- Is leftover wine even a thing?: In the rare instance that you actually have leftover wine, you can transform it into a vibrant cocktail by blending it with a handful of fresh fruits, herbs, and a splash of soda water.
So, go forth and conquer those wine binds with these genius tips. Happy wine-ing!