It’s important to get yourself out there and be part of the dating game if you want a relationship, but it’s also important to know when you need to take a break from dating. It can be rough out there! And it can take its toll on everyone. There are some signs to look out for in yourself. If any of these sound like you, take a break from dating for a little.
- You dread all of your dates. You shouldn’t have dread once you agree to meet someone! This is a sign of dating burnout.
- Everyone you date ends up being the wrong person. Don’t think you’re the problem. You’ve just lost the spark that comes with dating someone new. Taking a break can help you bring that spark back.
- You’re afraid of being single forever. You may especially be feeling this if all your friends are starting to settle down. Don’t put extra pressure on yourself because you’re scared of being single. Focus on self-care and love yourself!
- You spend too much time on your dating apps. Finding a date has become almost too easy thanks to all the apps. You may be on them constantly, but are you left feeling unfulfilled? Take a break from the dating apps, too.
- You’re lowering your standards. Don’t sell yourself short. Know your worth and know what you want and need from a potential partner.
- You feel obligated to say yes to every opportunity. Even turning down just a few dates may give you the reset you need.
- Your self-esteem has been negatively impacted. Don’t lose yourself while dating and don’t let dating make you feel bad about yourself. Make self-care your priority if you’re feeling like this.