Now that Memorial Day is behind us, some folks feel like summer has already arrived. While the season doesn’t officially kick off until June, it seems a lot of people don’t wait for the calendar to mark the beginning of the season.
According to a new survey of 2-thousand U.S. adults conducted by OnePoll for Chinet, more than half (54%), feel “very” or “extremely” excited about summer.
- About a third (31%) are so excited, they consider summer has already started, while 50% feel it happens when the weather gets warm and 21% feel it’s when the days get longer.
- And some people get so excited for the upcoming season, they start switching to warm-weather clothing as early as April (26%).
Food is pretty important to people in the summer, too:
- Seven in 10 respondents say that some foods just taste better during summer, including watermelon (74%), ice cream (68%), lemonade (59%), as well as cookout staples like barbecue chicken (54%), hot dogs (54%) and corn on the cob (54%).
- Half of those surveyed say that of all the seasons, summer has the best food.
- Nearly a third (32%) even prefer a good hot dog over a Thanksgiving feast.
- 40% like to take advantage of summer weather and eat outside when possible.
Source: SWNS Digital