Gen Z’s challenging societal norms. We’ve seen it on TikTok. We’ve seen it in the workplace. We’ve seen it in their tastes. But have we seen it when it comes to dating? According to Tinder’s 2023 “Future of Dating Report,” yes, dating’s another thing they’re shaking up.
The survey found:
- 75% of Gen Zers feel like they’re challenging dating and relationship standards that were passed down to them
- More than half of millennials say dating’s healthier for 18–25-year-olds now than it was for them at their age
- Gen Zers are 32% less likely to ghost someone than people 33 years old and older
- 78% of Gen Zers said they prioritize respect in partners
- Only 56% of Gen Zers prioritized physical appearance in partners
"In 2023, Tinder is largely used by Gen Z. This is a group that continues to influence society and challenge constrictive norms in the most profound of ways. No other generation has made such a huge impact on the workplace, retail consumption, technology, politics, and culture," Faye Iosotaluno, COO at Tinder, explains. "It is this generation that we believe are driving the most change that we’ve ever seen in how we date, who we date, and what dating actually is."