We all have parts of ourselves we’re self-conscious about, and a lot of them are related to the way we look. A new survey of 2-thousand women looks at how women see themselves in society and finds that 80% agree that society puts a lot of pressure on women to look or act a certain way.
According to the poll conducted by OnePoll for FitRight Fresh Start:
- The average woman feels self-conscious about her body four days a week.
- Women's top concerns include feeling like they need to “cover up” or hide parts of their body (23%), dealing with the fear of aging (20%), trying to be all things to all people (19%) and balancing work and family life (18%).
- More than a third (71%) of women admit they care what others think or say about them, with 38% feeling judged about their body shape or size, and 35% feel judged about their appearance.
- Despite all that, 77% of women feel more confident today than they did 10 years ago and 63% feel more empowered.
- Advice they’d give other women to help them feel empowered is to feel comfortable in their own skin (16%), trust their instincts (15%) and that knowledge is power (13%).
- One in six women say that being well-informed helps them feel empowered and 29% say making informed decisions helps them feel empowered.
- Respondents say it’s important for successful women to stay positive (30%) and surround themselves with positive people (29%).
Source: SWNS Digital