Too much screen time can and will have an effect on your relationship. A lot of times, it has a negative effect on it. Being on your phones or other devices too much can result in a lack of quality time together, more distractions, decreased intimacy, and more. This is why it’s important to be mindful of your digital habits and to know when it’s time to take a digital detox.
Not sure if your relationship needs a digital detox? Here are five signs that it does.
- You’re feeling disconnected from your partner. If you’re feeling this, you want to show your partner they’re you’re a priority, not your phone.
- You’re prioritizing social media communication over your partner. If you know more about what’s going on in your friend’s or influencers’ lives than your partners, put down the phone.
- You take your mobile devices to bed with you. Your bedroom should be kept for sleeping and for intimate time with your partner.
- You can’t resist the urge to check your phone during meals. Use meals as a time to reconnect with your partner, ask about their day, make plans together, etc.
- You always bring your digital devices wherever you go. On your next date night with your boo, leave your phone at home and really give them your full attention.
Source: Hindustan Times