If you and your boo aren’t already grocery shopping together, you may want to start. Global matchmaker and CEO of Vows for Eternity, Anurahda Gupta, stresses that doing this weekly activity together can strengthen your relationship. It helps you grow as a couple. How? Here are six ways.
- It can feel like a date. Treat it as a chance to spend quality time with your partner instead of as an errand.
- You talk about the budget. It’ll get you talking about spending expectations and priorities, plus compromising and getting on the same page, financially.
- You see if you work well together. Making a shopping list and planning meals for the week requires teamwork.
- You plan your week in advance. Talking about dinner for the week will prompt convos about the schedule and priorities for the week in general.
- You learn about your partner’s likes and dislikes. What someone puts on their grocery list will tell you a lot about them, including any family traditions or childhood memories.
- You respect individual preferences. You’re working together to make shopping and meal choices that are tailored to both your needs not just one. That requires patience, flexibility, compromise, and mutual respect.
Source: Metro UK