If you’ve been on TikTok, you’ve probably seen vids about “Petite Romance.” But what exactly is it? It’s all about the little things and how doing those smaller, sometimes taken-for-granted things for your partner helps make their life less stressful, happier, and better.
Basically, instead of doing a grand gesture that today’s culture, and especially social media, has praised, it’s putting an emphasis back on the small things mattering most. It’s the small, everyday things that don’t take a lot of money, time, or energy, but are super meaningful. And it’s about doing these things regularly.
What are some ways you can add “petite romance” into your relationship?
- Grab their favorite food.
- Make them dinner after a stressful day.
- Run them a bath so they can relax before bed.
- Take care of a chore you know they hate.
- Put gas in the car before they go on a long drive.
- Write a little love note to put in with their lunch.
- Make them a playlist of songs you think they’ll like.
- Mark down the day a show they like is coming back with a new season.