If you’re ready to get back out there and start dating again, kudos to you! It’s not an easy decision to make. It doesn’t matter if it’s because of a breakup, divorce, a ton of bad dates, or you just needed a break – getting back into the dating scene, no matter what the reason, can be intimidating.
Licensed clinical social worker and author Jaime Bronstein’s here to help you out, she’s the first to admit that she had “fear energy” when it came to dating. She shared the five things you need to know, and do before you should get back out there. It’ll make things a lot easier!
- Heal the past. No, you can’t change the past, but you can change how you view it and be proactive about moving on from it.
- Figure out what you want. Think of your three “nonnegotiables” and be sure to keep an eye out for red flags.
- Boost your self-confidence. Dating can take a big toll on your confidence. This is why you want to make sure your confidence is solid before you get out there. Do what you need to do to feel good about yourself.
- Stop feeling desperate for love. “Desperate energy” is a thing, and it won’t help you get a healthy or sustainable relationship. Remember that things happen when you least expect it.
- Have no attachment to the outcome. Don’t put too much pressure on yourself, just go out there and have fun! Whatever happens, happens.