Between inflation and the cost of living, it can feel impossible to save money. But, it actually isn’t as impossible as you may think. You can thank Redditor u/halal_queries_only who asked fellow Redditors “what’s an easy way to save money?” and people had some great – and easy – tips.
- "If your job does direct deposit, one easy way to save is to open a savings account where a certain amount of your direct deposit is automatically put in for you. It’s like out of sight, out of mind (for me at least)."
- "Learn how to cook. ('But I don't know how to cook.') Cooking is literally just following instructions. There are YouTube videos or websites that can spell out everything you need."
- "Buy in bulk and freeze your meat. I just got eight pounds of ground beef and 10 chicken breasts for $15 each. That's about 40 meals worth of meat for $30."
- "Don’t check out immediately when you're online shopping. Let an item sit in your cart for a few days, then decide if you really need/want it."
- "Don’t save what is left after spending but rather spend what is left after saving. In other words, pay yourself first."
- "When you get a pay raise, add that to the amount you're saving already. Just don't increase your expenses accordingly."
For even more, click HERE!