We all had those days as kids when we couldn’t wait to be adults. There were just things that adults could do that seemed so awesome. But when you become an adult, you learn that’s not always the case. Redditor u/Due_Winner_2026 learned this and asked, "As a child, what did you think would be awesome about being an adult, but isn’t as awesome as you thought it would be?" The answers are super related.
- "Not having a bedtime. It turns out...you actually need one."
- "I get to decide what I want for dinner each day! Except, now I have to put thought into what I'm going to eat each day. And then I have to cook it."
- "Having my own money. Spoiler: I have no money."
- "Vacations. I never realized how stressful the thought of taking one would be. Saving money that could be used elsewhere, the planning, what if the car breaks down, will the cats be fed? etc."
- "Working. Everyone makes it seem like such a cool concept. Be cool, independent, and everything. Nobody talks about the toll it takes on you. Nobody."
- "I couldn’t wait to decorate my own place. Now while shopping, I’ll pick up a throw pillow or blanket, cringe at the price tag and put it back. Do I really need a Halloween pillow just for one season that costs that much?"
For even more, click HERE!