Did you know that the number one regret of people on their deathbed is “I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me”? Be your true self and stay true to yourself! You’ve only got one life to live, right?
How do you know whether or not you’re living life true to yourself? Here are some signs that you’re not being true to yourself.
- Your gut tells you.
- You make important decisions based on other people’s expectations of you.
- You don’t really know what it is that you want, believe, or think.
- You hide significant parts of who you are in order to try to fit in.
- You worry that the real you is unlovable.
- You usually take the easy option.
- You have dreams that you feel are “pointless” chasing.
- You feel resentful about all your obligations.