Monogamy isn’t for everyone, but that doesn’t mean it’s okay to cheat. There’s really no good excuse for being unfaithful, but that doesn’t stop people from trying to come up with one. A Reddit thread digs into this topic by asking, “What is the dumbest reason your (ex) partner gave for cheating?”
More than 6-thousand people are sharing the ridiculous, hilarious and pathetic excuses they’ve been given and these are some of the most entertaining:
- “‘It’s not what you think it is!’ After I walked in on them making out. While she was on his lap. Both without shirts.”
- “My serial cheater ex once told me while in a fit of tears. ‘I can't stop cheating, I just have so many issues, my mom lied about Santa when I was a kid and it really f*cked me up. I don't think I can trust people because of it so I cheat.’”
- “‘It’s like if you order the same subway sandwich for a year, eventually you’re gonna get bored of it. But you try another flavor and when you go back to the original one it’s better than you remembered.’ Felt not so good being compared to a 6 inch BLT tbh.”
- “They were ‘so drunk’ they “forgot” they had a boyfriend.”
- "I didn’t think you’d find out"
- "Just because we're living together doesn't mean we're monogamous!"
- “You can't have children anymore so I just slept with your friend to get pregnant. I was hoping that once you found out you'd stay with me and raise the kid - you're such a good dad.”
- "’She was prettier than you, what did you expect?’ We were engaged and had been dating for 3 years.”
- “It was his kid's mom so it didn't count”
- “I couldn't have sex for two weeks so I could recover from surgery so she thought it wasn't ‘cheating.’”
- "I tend to get bored with someone after a few months."
- “He downloaded Tinder and said it was to ‘Promote his band’”
- “I only slept with her because she looks like you.”
- "’You are dying! Do you really want me alone when you are dead?’ I was fighting cancer, He also told me that I was disgusting and he felt gross touching me. Luckily, both types of cancer are out of my life.”