When it comes to figuring out why we like people that we really shouldn’t like… the answer isn’t straightforward. But, thankfully, “YourTango asked their pane of experts what a rare habit is that’ll boost people’s charisma to make them more likable, and here’s what they had to say.
- Practice really listening to others.
- Practice being truly appreciative.
- Take notes on conversations — and bring up important points later.
- Don't spread harmful gossip.
- Build trust by giving someone your sincere attention.
- Show genuine interest in others.
- Practice respectful empathy.
- Cultivate a warm, friendly personality.
- Let others know they matter to you.
- Wait until others are done talking before you have your say.
- . Recognize and acknowledge the things you admire about others.