The good news is that these lies are rarely big… but they’re still lies. So how can you recognize a lie? Here are the most common things that people admitted to lying about on their dating app profiles.
- Lies about age. This is especially more common as they age.
- Lies about their height. Men know that women tend to like taller men, and will lie about their height because of it.
- Lies about their weight. More women than men lie about this.
- Lies about body type. Men are more likely to say they’re athletic, while women will say they’re average or curvy.
- Lies about income. Men especially thought it was OK to lie about their job or income. Just leave it out of your profile.
- Lies about job type and titles. Some women even admitted to playing down how smart they were.
- Lies in the form of profile pictures. People lie the most here.. like posting pics that don’t really show how they look now.
- Lies about interests and hobbies. People will lie here to make themselves look better.
- Lies about relationship intentions. Like saying you want a relationship when you just want a hook-up.
- Lies about being in a relationship. Unfortunately, there are married people on these apps, claiming they’re single.