You hear all about how you shouldn’t trash-talk your ex after a breakup. You want to be the bigger person! But sometimes it can help to get it all out – that’s right, there are times when trash-talking your ex may actually help you move on.
- It helps you process your emotions. You’re releasing negative emotions and getting it all out.
- It helps you gain perspective. It can help you look at the situation objectively, and help you figure out what went wrong (and why you shouldn’t go back to them).
- It reduces stress. Venting’s a stress reliever! Vent to someone you trust.
- You can reclaim your own power. It can help you feel like you’ve regained control of the situation.
- It’s a great way to call on and strengthen your support system. Venting to someone helps you feel less alone and reminds you that you’re supported.
- It can promote healing. Venting’s actually an important part of the healing process – don’t overlook that.