If you want to go all out on Valentine’s Day, that’s totally OK! But for some couples, especially those that have been together for a long time, Valentine’s Day isn’t a big deal.
In fact, experts say that strong couples don’t even need to celebrate Valentine’s Day. Why? Here are their reasons.
- They don’t need to flaunt their relationship status. You and your partner both know you’re doing well, and that’s all that matters.
- Spontaneous affection is way more fun. You already surprise each other with gifts or sticky notes throughout the year.
- There are many other special days to celebrate instead. Like the day you met, your first kiss, the first time you said “I love you,” etc.
- It’s just a day like any other. You celebrate your love in a big way and little ways throughout the year, not just on one specific day.
- It detracts from their connection. The emphasis that’s been placed on buying gifts or doing something romantic for the ‘gram has taken away from the real meaning of the holiday.
- They know it doesn’t solidify a relationship. Having a strong relationship takes work every single day – it’s not just one day of doing nice things for each other.
For even more, click HERE!