Your first Valentine’s Day with someone is so exciting, but it can also be pretty daunting, too. You of course want to make sure it’s memorable and your partner feels special, so what are you supposed to do?! Thankfully, “Bustle” spoke with relationship experts who are sharing their tips on how you can navigate your first Valentine’s Day as a couple, together.
- Chat about your expectations. Do you really know how your partner feels about V-Day? Talk to them about it! Get it all on the table so you both have the same, or similar, expectations when the day comes.
- Talk about your love languages. You may show your love by buying gifts, but your partner may not so have a convo about how they like to give and receive love.
- Let them know what you want. Yeah, surprises are fun, but being clear about what you want to do on V-Day this year will get rid of a lot of the pressure.
- Make plans together. Decide on something to do, together, rather than the pressure falling all to one person.
- Give your gift with confidence. Remember, it’s always the thought that counts and it’s the intention behind the gift that matters the most.
- Manage your expectations. Until you’ve been together for a while and have your traditions sorted out, it’s good to manage your expectations about the day. It’s your partner’s first V-Day with you, too!
- Resist comparing your day to anyone else’s. Do NOT open social and compare how you spent your V-Day to how others did. They may have been together longer. Or, it may have even been just for show.
For even more, click HERE!