Is finding a real and healthy relationship one of your goals of 2023? It can be an attainable goal! But you need to put in the effort and the work. To help you start, here’s six tips on how you can make a relationship work this year.
- Have realistic expectations. The things you want and expect in a relationship may not be the same as your potential partner. Make sure you have a convo about it and find a middle ground.
- Show love and affection to your partner. It’ll strengthen the bond between you two. One of the easiest ways? Give them attention and always make eye contact with them.
- Don’t start talking about the future prematurely. Don’t bombard them with questions about the future – or making plans about your future – from the get-go. It can be a major turnoff.
- Don’t mention fears prematurely. It’s better for a new partner to discover any fears or limitations you have, especially in terms of a relationship, gradually, on their own, as things become relevant.
- Enjoy moments. Be in the present moment and enjoy it!!
- Communicate effectively. Make sure you’re communicating respectfully, honestly, and openly.
Source: Pulse Ghana