It can be easy to take things for granted, and that unfortunately can include your marriage. If you’re guilty of this, it’s time to be intentional about connecting with your spouse again. By being intentional, you’re prioritizing your partner and the things you want in your relationship, leading to all around happiness. But how do you do this? Here are six small things that’ll help.
- Be intentional. Well, duh, if you want to be intentional you have to consciously do things with intention. Ask yourself if what you’re doing increases your connection with your spouse.
- Create intentional rituals around the workday start-up and shut-down. This is especially important if one or both of you WFH.
- Begin an intentional gratitude practice. Tell your partner one thing each day you’re grateful or proud of them for.
- Have some technology-free time. This will let you truly be intentional by being present in the current moment, rather than just physically being with each other but preoccupied somewhere else.
- Reminisce about past trips or experiences you have enjoyed with your partner. Reliving these happy memories together will definitely make both of you happy.
- Have a date night, morning, or afternoon. Spend time, together, just the two of you, doing anything you both enjoy.