Focusing more on their mental health is a 2023 goal lots of people have made. Or, it’s a goal that intimidates people. But it shouldn’t! You don’t need to make big changes to improve your mental health, there are lots of small ones that’ll make a difference, too. “Huffington Post” spoke with some therapists to get their tips.
- Practice diaphragmatic breathing. Try to incorporate deep breathing during your day. It’ll help you be more relaxed.
- Prioritize your sleep. Getting adequate sleep each night will help you feel more energized, less irritable, and feel better all around.
- Make time for yourself. You need to remember self-care even when you’re busy with work and life.
- Spend time with people who energize you. Unfortunately, there are people who will drain you. Stay away from them and go to people who give you energy.
- Get moving. There are so many mental health benefits of exercising. Try to exercise every day, even if it’s a walk around the block.
- Keep some unscheduled time in your day. You need some moments of peace and quiet in your day.
- Try something new. Get out of your comfort zone! It doesn’t have to be something big, try a new activity.
- Get outside regularly. Not as easy in the winter but try to get outside even If it’s just for a little.
- Drink more water. Being hydrated does positively affect your mental health too! It gives you more energy, reduces headaches, and more.
For even more, click HERE!
Source: Huffington Post