They say not to judge a book by its cover, but when it comes to dating apps, you know most people are judging you by your pics, especially your first one. So how can you choose the best pic that’ll get the attention of lots of matches? Here’s how.
- Show off those pearly whites. Having a pic where you’re smiling is much more inviting than not. It gives the impression that you’re friendly and open.
- Keep your photos real. Make sure the pic actually looks like you.. and isn’t a pic from ten years ago.
- Ditch the sunglasses. Show off your eyes! People also look at eyes to see whether the person’s trustworthy or not.
- Keep the selfies to a minimum. One or two selfies is OK but make sure all your pics aren’t just selfies. It’ll make you come off as self-indulgent.
- Hold off on the group shots. You don’t want potential matches to need to work to figure out which one you are in the pic. They’ll be less likely to swipe right.
- Avoid cliché photos. What’s a cliché photo? A man holding a big fish. There are some poses that have become overdone.
- Wear bright colors, specifically red. It’ll help you stand out.