France is known for their rich culture, stylish clothes, impressive architecture, and don’t forget those pastries. French women are known for being very chic, polished, confident and part of their allure comes from their way of life. These are some French lifestyle habits we can borrow to make our own lives happier.
- Be confident in your own skin - The most important tip to living a happier life? Confidence. We all have flaws, but French women don’t seem to let those drag them down based on their confident nature.
- Fix that posture - Part of being confident is proudly taking up as much space as you need in life. If you find yourself slouching and walking with slumped shoulders, focus on improving your posture and standing up tall and proud, which may give you a nice confidence boost, too.
- Develop a signature style - Clothes are part of building confidence, so you need to figure out what looks good on you and is most flattering, then turn it into your signature style. Think of it as a uniform and then you’ll always look your best.
- Invest in quality over quantity - A wardrobe made up of a few good quality pieces that you’ll wear over and over is better than a closet full of fast fashion items that don’t fit well, aren’t well made or that you don’t love.
- Build your life outside work - The French are big on creating a healthy work-life balance and they know when to take time off, disconnect from their screens and get out of the office instead of eating lunch hunched over a desk.
- Keep moving - The French enjoy full meals with wine, as well as those tasty pastries they’re known for, but they also stay active by walking and biking around the city as part of their daily routines.
- Prioritize self-care - French women have self-care routines they stick to and they know the importance of feeding the mind and body, but also letting them rest.
- Learn to say no - This is something many of us struggle with, but it seems the French are good at knowing how to say no and set boundaries without feeling guilty. Being able to do this will go a long way to helping create a happy life.