So many things seem cool… until everyone starts doing it. What are these things that got ruined? Redditor u/WarBeast86 asked this to fellow Redditors, and here’s what they had to say.
"Visiting major historical sites. Most of them have been turned into badly maintained, super expensive tourist traps — add in the trash and damages tourists do, and yikes."
- "Airbnb. Used to love Airbnb years ago. Now, it's pricier than a lot of decent hotels, and some of the house rules are nutty."
- "Cooking shows. It used to be a few talented chefs who had shows to teach. Now, it’s every damn celebrity who can or cannot cook making the same recipes as everyone else."
- "Thrift shopping. Fifteen years ago, the prices were soooo cheap, and you could always find a gem. Now, they’re always crowded, and everything is overpriced; you might find something good once every two to three visits if you’re lucky."
- "Driving to work early. I used to do it, but now, it's the same as morning rush hour."
- "Festivals. I use to enjoy going to some local festivals. Now, they’re just overcrowded and expensive."
- "YouTube. People used to make content for fun; now, everything is optimized and monetized and scripted to death."
- "Writing children's books. It used to be an art form, and then, every celebrity wrote one."
For even more, click HERE!