There are lots of times when you shouldn’t just write someone off after a first date. But sometimes you really need to pull the rip chord before date number 2. How do you know? If they do any of these first-date deal breakers…
- They’re rude to the wait staff. How they treat other people, especially people they don’t know, will show you a lot about their real personality.
- They’re critical of your food choice. No one should judge you for what you’re eating, especially someone you’ve just met.
- They can’t stop gabbing about their ex. It either means they’re not over their ex or they’re really not ready to get into something with you.
- They’re phone is way more interesting than you. Unless there’s an emergency, a date shouldn’t be interrupted by a text.
- They’re late, without a valid excuse. Losing track of time isn’t a good excuse and shows how little they prioritized this date.
- They have no table manners. Just imagine how poorly that’ll go over when you bring them home to mom and dad.
- They’re too busy talking about themselves to ask about you. A first date is supposed to be all about getting to know each other, not doing a one-person show.