Ah, going to the gym – the classic New Year’s Resolution. Don’t get us wrong, it’s a great one for sure, but it’s also one of the most made resolutions that people never really follow through on. If it’s your 2023 resolution and you’re serious about here, here are seven ways you can motivate yourself to actually get to the gym.
- Get hyped with the right playlist. Songs motivate us and get us excited. Make a workout playlist you look forward to listening to.
- Recruit a workout buddy. Everything is more fun when another person is involved! Plus, it’ll give you more accountability.
- Do a test drive. Try different workouts until you find which one you enjoy doing.
- Schedule your workouts like a business meeting. Schedule your workouts on the calendar, this way you have dedicated time already to go and you’re more likely to actually get there.
- Take the lead from a professional. Social media’s great to get some workout tips while learning from pros at the gym too. They can help guide you and get you feeling more comfortable at the gym.
- Treat yourself after a sweat session. Recovery is part of the working out process. Plus, doing something like a massage or grabbing a coffee post workout gives you something to look forward to.
- Work out somewhere you enjoy. The gym you join is one where you should feel comfortable – you are more likely to go if you enjoy the vibe and feel good there!