Breakups are hard… and getting back on dating apps after a breakup can be even harder. You know you need to get back out there…so you don’t really have a choice, do you? To help make things easier, MakeUseOf.com has five tips for getting back on dating app horse.
- Make sure you are ready to date again. Don’t rush back onto dating apps if you’re not ready. You need to be emotionally ready before getting back on it. If you’re not sure, ask your friends for their advice.
- Be honest about your emotions. You don’t have to put it on your profile, but if you do start chatting with someone and things seem to be going well, you may want to tell them you just got out of a relationship. This will help the other person understand how you’re feeling.
- Be clear about what you’re looking for. Most dating apps let you list what you’re looking for from the get-go --- take advantage of this! This way, if you just want a hook-up (for now), you’re not leading someone on and wasting both your time.
- Don’t use pictures with your ex. It’ll give people the impression you’re still in a relationship or that you’re not over your ex. Your first pic should definitely be a solo pic.
- Take this opportunity to build your confidence back. Dating apps are a great way to build your confidence. Enjoy the convos you have with people and don’t focus on the negative outcomes – only positive vibes!
Source: Make Use Of