Tis the season for year-end lists and if you were on social media at all this week, you probably saw lots of screenshots and stories showing everyone’s Spotify Wrapped. Along with that possibly embarrassing musical history, you may have seen a few food-related posts, likely involving a charcuterie board, new research shows.
Chiquito, a U.K.-based restaurant chain, combed through the data to come up with TikTok’s top food trends for 2022. And coming in at number one? Cloud bread, the fluffy, three-ingredient recipe that showed up in just about everybody’s For You feed this year. According to Chiquito’s data, users watched cloud bread-related videos 3.4-billion times in 2022.
The Top 10 TikTok Food Trends for 2022
- Cloud bread, with 3.4 billion views
- Baked oats: 1.3 billion views
- Charcuterie boards: 1.2 billion views
- Pasta chips: 1.1 billion views
- Mug cake: 1 billion views
- Birria tacos: 922.2 million views
- Pink sauce: 599.8 million views
- Cinnamon rolls: 597 million views
- Nacho tables: 415.1 million views
- Butter boards: 358.4 million views
Source: Food and Wine