A new year brings with it a whole bunch of new trends, and that includes dating trends. So what will dating look like in 2023? Here are five dating trends that are expected to be everywhere next year.
- Inflatadates. Yes, inflation and dating. Inflation is going to have a big impact on dating, meaning that instead of expensive, high-end dates, more people are going to go on more budget-friendly dates.
- One in three Bumble users surveyed say that they’re now more open to being in a relationship with someone who doesn’t live in their current city.
- Ethical sex-ploration. Bumble also found that 16% of American respondent said they’ve considered a non-monogamous relationship, which is higher than the global average (14%).
- Dry dating. Millennials and Gen Z have been making sober and sober curious lifestyles more common, which will spill into the dating scene, too. Bumble found that 34% are more likely to go on a “dry date” than they were pre-pandemic.
- Open casting. Say goodbye to the “tall, dark, and handsome” stereotype! Bumble’s findings show that 38% of people globally are more open to who they’d date and 28% are putting less emphasis on dating people they’re “expected” to date.