Expectations are one of the most common reasons people get disappointed, especially in a relationship. In fact, not having too high of an expectation can be important for it to be successful. That’s not to say you shouldn’t have any expectations, however. So how do you know which expectations are valid and which aren’t? To help you figure that out, here are five expectations you shouldn’t have for the other person.
- Perfection. It’s true that you can wear rose-colored glasses at the beginning of a relationship.. which just leads to disappointment once the glasses wear off.
- Spending all their free time with you. As relationships get more serious, you want to be with your boo more and more. But you shouldn’t deprive them of their personal space and take up all their free time.
- Being very close to you from the beginning. Getting close to someone takes time and happens naturally, it’s not something that you should expect to happen from the get-go.
- A flawless relationship. No matter how much you love and respect your boo, perfection isn’t real even in a relationship. There will be things you disagree on, so don’t expect them to always see things just from your side.
- Your partner or friend could solve all your problems. If you want to become a better person, that’s an individual choice. A relationship itself won’t just solve all your problems, either.