It’s no secret that our tastes change as we age, and it turns out, there’s a lot that can change as you get older. People over 30 are sharing the things they used to love, but these days they like them less and less. See if you agree about these things folks find less fun the older they get.
- “Very over-the-top, sweet desserts. I know this is common and all the adults warned me of this as I got older, but I never believed them."
- "Summer! I used to love the carefree possibilities of summers when I was younger, even when I was in my 20s and 30s when it was no longer about school being out. Now it's just hot, sticky weather that never seems to end."
- "New music. Lately, I don’t get the new songs, and I’m starting to understand why my parents kept listening to the same music. I don’t know why, but I find it extremely comforting knowing the lyrics and the rhythm of a song."
- “Clothes shopping! It used to be, ‘Does this fit me, suit my body shape, and look fashionable?' Now I need to add, ‘Is this age appropriate?’ Or, ‘Does it make me look ancient?’ It’s like walking a tightrope, people.”
- “Wearing shoes that are really cute but make me physically uncomfortable. I have thrown out all my high-heeled shoes because they don’t serve me anymore.”
- “Watching sad movies or seeing people get hurt. There is too much real pain in the world to add any more. I just don't have the emotional energy to deal with sorrow and pain in my entertainment.”
- “Sleeping in. I loved it in my 20s. I could wake up at noon and be happy. Now, if I sleep past 7a.m. on the weekends, I feel like my day is wasted.”
- "I'm always talking about how I want to go out and party and have fun nights like I did five years ago. Yet, when I go out, I immediately want to go home because I'm overwhelmed at the foolishness, loud noises, and carelessness.”
- “I used to love dressing up, sometimes to go out, or just around my house. But now I’m fine with just wearing jeans and a shirt. Forget heels!”