“Bustle” took to social media to ask their readers what their top dating dealbreakers are. There was a range of responses, but there were some common dealbreakers, too. Here’s what they said are their 10 dating dealbreakers.
- Rude to anyone in the service industry. Including snapping at a server and tipping badly.
- Overly negative or pessimistic. Balance really is key.
- Bad hygiene. Not only is it just gross, but it also shows that the person doesn’t value themselves, or that they have poor self-esteem.
- Mean or doesn’t like animals. Sure, it’s OK to not be a big animal person, but being mean to them is another level.
- No sense of humor. Laughter is important in a relationship!
- Only talks about themselves. It points to narcissistic tendencies.. and is just super annoying.
- No goals or drive. You’ll likely feel stagnate if you’re dating someone who doesn’t have any ambition.
- Keeps a dirty home. A big dealbreaker too if you plan to share a space with a partner in the future.
- Flakiness or inconsistency. It’s one thing to have something come up before a date, but if it happens consistently, it can be a sign of something else.
- Stays friends with an ex. If they’re sharing custody, it’s a good thing. But if not, and it’s a more recent ex, you probably want to find out why they keep them in their life.