There’s so many reasons people stay single, even though they don’t want to be. It could be because you haven’t prioritized dating, you’re dating the wrong kind of people, or you just haven’t met the right person yet. So what should you do if you’re single but don’t want to be anymore?
- Ask yourself what you really want. Make sure you actually want a relationship because you want it, and not because you feel pressure to be in one.
- Reflect on your dating life, including past, present, and desired future. See if you have any unhealed wounds from past relationships or if you have unrealistic expectations for a future partner.
- Prioritize your dating life, for real. Throw up a dating profile for the first time, tell your friends your intentions or put yourself out there in a new way like taking a class or volunteering.
- Be clear about what you want. Think about how you want a partner to fit into your life, and ask for it!
- Find ways to appreciate single life. Even if you do want a relationship, you should still enjoy being single for now!