Have you ever encountered a “pickup artist” on a night out? These guys hit on you and try their hardest to get your number and seem to follow a script to do it. Neil Strauss’ book, “The Game” or that VH1 show “The Pickup Artist” both instruct men how to flirt their way into your bed, but the pickup artist school for women has a different goal in mind.
At London’s Flirt Diva Academy, the focus is on teaching women the best flirting techniques so they can do it effectively. “Flirt coach” Sue Ostler instructs women from 16 to 60 in classes like “Bag a Boyfriend” and “Flirt Masterclass.” And these are the lessons from the female pickup artist’s “Flirt, Schmooze & Shimmy” class that promise to be irresistible to guys.
- Look like you’re enjoying yourself - Looking comfortable and like you’re actually having a good time lets him see that you’re enjoying his company. He’s more likely to let his guard down if you’re not showing any signs of anxiety.
- Be aware of your surroundings - Pay attention to what's happening around you so you can comment on the music or interesting-looking cocktails. Anything that keeps the conversation going is on the table.
- Make eye contact - This pickup artist advises that when you make eye contact with him, hold it for five seconds. You could even smile or wink, which are physical ways someone can flirt.
- Lean in while you chat - This body language lets him know that you’re actively listening and are interested in what he has to say.
- Use the “AEIOU” method - The easy-to-remember acronym stands for:
- A - Ask him a lot of question
- E - Use your Ears to listen
- I - Show your personality using “I” statements
- O - Be animated, like saying, “Oh my God!”
- U - make the person you (U) are talking to the focus of your conversation.
Source: Your Tango