Different is nowadays, that’s for sure. Dating apps are the norm, but there’s still something about meeting someone IRL, isn’t there? If you’re looking to meet someone the old school way, you do need to be proactive about it. Here are some tips on how to meet someone IRL if you’re looking for a relationship.
- Join a social group or activity. Join an intramural sports league or check sites like “Meetup” to see what’s going on for young adults in your area.
- Never skip work happy hour. No, you don’t have to date your coworker, but you’ll never know which of their friends may tag along.. or who you may bump into at the bar.
- Check out what events your friends are attending on Facebook and go. Facebook events are public for a reason and if you already have a friend interested in going, go together.
- Always go to friends’ birthday parties. What better person to date than a friend of a friend?
- Take public transportation to work. And don’t be afraid to strike up a convo with them, especially if they’re reading a book you love.
- Volunteer your time. Not only are you giving back, but you’re meeting others that clearly have the same interests and good-heart that you do.
- Don’t close yourself off to talking with strangers. Make sure you’re safe, of course, but not all strangers are weirdos.
- Adopt a dog (or borrow one to take for a walk). Hit up the dog park. Dogs are great convo starters.
For even more, click HERE!